IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE USE
WARNING: HUNTING AND CROSSING BARBWIRE FENCES ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES THAT CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURIES AND/OR DEATH. BY USING THE X-CROSS PRODUCT YOU AGREE TO CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE SAFETY WARNINGS, NOTICES, INSTRUCTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS CONTAINED HEREIN AND ON OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.WICKEDNORTHGEAR.COM
- WARNING: USE OF THE X-CROSS PRODUCT WHILE CARRYING A FIREARM INCREASES THE CHANCE OF INJURY OR DEATH. NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE X-CROSS PRODUCT WHILE HOLDING, CARRYING OR POSSESSING A FIREARM.
- WARNING: THE X-CROSS PRODUCT SHOULD NEVER BE SET ON THE WIRE AND LET GO OF — EVEN IF IT STAYS FOR A MOMENT, IT WILL EVENTUALLY FALL. IT IS STRICTLY TO BE USED WHILE HOLDING ONTO WITH YOUR HANDS DURING THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF CROSSING THE FENCE.
- The X-CROSS PRODUCT is designed to act as a barrier between you and an upper or lower run of a barbwire fence. An upper unprotected run of barbwire fence, if present, still poses a danger and care should be exercised to avoid all contact between your skin and clothing and the upper run of barbwire.
- Prior to using the X-CROSS PRODUCT be sure to inspect it for any wear or damage. Never use the X-CROSS PRODUCT if you suspect any wear or damage.
- Never use the X-CROSS PRODUCT in a folded or partially folded configuration. Always completely unfold the X-CROSS PRODUCT prior to use.
- Never modify, attempt to modify or replace any parts or components of the X-CROSS PRODUCT.
- As barbwire fences often define property boundaries, we strongly encourage you to obtain permission of a land owner prior to crossing any barbwire fence.
- Your purchase and use of the X-CROSS PRODUCT constitutes your knowing and voluntary agreement to these warnings and the dangers involved. As such, you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Wicked North Gear, LLC its principals, directors, officers, agents, managers, employees and each of its Affiliates, directors, officers, agents, managers and employees from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, expense (including reasonable attorney fees and expenses) and costs that Wicked North Gear, LLC may be required to pay to one or more individuals or third parties resulting from or arising out of a personal injury claim, wrongful death claim or other civil claim of any person as a result of the use of the X-CROSS PRODUCT.
- Purchaser further agrees not to sue Wicked North Gear, LLC, its principals, directors, officers, agents, managers, employees and each of its Affiliates, directors, officers, agents, managers and employees for any and all potential claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in anyway connected with the use of the X-CROSS PRODUCT.
- If an opening in fence is not available, survey the fence and determine if you are best to cross over or under, taking height and wire condition into consideration.
- Take the X-CROSS PRODUCT out of your backpack or wherever you have it stowed and inspect it for any wear or damage before use. If wear or damage is present, discontinue use.
- Remove your bag/pack/weapon/gear or any other items that may get caught on the wire prior to using the X-CROSS PRODUCT— but be sure to keep the X-CROSS PRODUCT with you for your use.
- Always fully extend X-CROSS PRODUCT before crossing fence (42” is fully extended).
- You will note that the top of the rail of the X-CROSS PRODUCT has the logo on it, while the bottom has an opening for where the wire should be placed between and on the brushes.
Crossing Over Wires of a Fence
If choosing to cross over the fence, place the rail on top of the wire. Place so the wire fits in between the U-shaped openings at each end and apply light downward pressure which allows for the wire to rest in and on the brushes to provide additional stability.
- While keeping your hands on the X-CROSS PRODUCT, get in a position to lift one leg over the X-CROSS PRODUCT followed by your other leg.
- While crossing, your crotch region should be fully protected. Depending on your height, you may want to adjust where you hold the rail to ensure you are covering as much of your legs as possible. Demonstration as seen on product page on website is done with a 6’2” male.
- Once you are completely on the other side of the fence you can reduce the pressure on the X-CROSS PRODUCT and allow the wire to return to its normal position.
Crossing Beneath a Wire Fence
If choosing to cross under the fence, position yourself in generally supine position with your back against the ground and use the fully extended X-CROSS PRODUCT with the opening facing upwards towards the wire and the solid smooth logo'd rail surface facing your body.
- Apply light upward pressure on the X-CROSS PRODUCT and hold the X-CROSS PRODUCT above you as you move or slide your body under the wire.
- Once on the other side of the fence you can begin to reduce the upward pressure applied to the X-CROSS PRODUCT and allow the wire to return to its normal position.
- Once pressure is no longer applied to the X-CROSS PRODUCT simply slide the fully extended X-CROSS PRODUCT off the wire; folding it and placing it in your desired compartment.